Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Sunday Times

Tonight will be a quick post because Luis is restless in his sleep, and I am anxious to be his comforter. But today started bright and early, as usual, but with a magnificent view of the volcanoes. We even watched steam and ash come out of one of the volcanoes (I think, Fuego).

We went to church this morning at a Spanish & English church service. My friend, Sheila and her daughter Lily, told me about it. It was great to worship God in such a multi-cultural setting. I can't wait for Victor to come with us. And they actually played one of my favorite Spanish songs, one that I'd first heard in Guatemala four years ago.

After church, Sheila and I took the kids to lunch at where else? Pollo Campero! It was great catching up with Sheila and the kids had a fun time together as well.

It was a beautiful day so we were outside this afternoon, and we had a quiet evening at home reading books before bedtime.

Good night and have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Did the church sing any Chris Tomlin in Spanish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a wonderful week. So gald you have a friend in Guatemala to share with. Stay safe and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pleased you found a church service you are happy with,and I hope that Luis sleeps better tonight. Vios con Dios.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, no Chris Tomlin! Maybe next week....

    ReplyDelete