Saturday, October 24, 2009

Family Reunion!

This is Victor. It was an early morning for me today. I was up at 5am to get the dog out for a good walk and finish getting ready to go. Then it was off to the airport for the 9:30 flight. The flight was uneventful and I arrived in Guatemala about 10 minutes early. I went though immigration and customs and found a shuttle to Antigua for $10. The shuttle dropped me off at the front gate of Santa Rosa Apartments at a few minutes after 1pm. As I walked in, I found Jenny and the kids on the swings and got the best welcome ever. All three kids yelled and came running for a giant hug. Awesome! Unpacking the suitcases was kind of like Christmas. The kids were crawling all over us as we worked to get the stuff unpacked. They loved getting some old favorite toys from home and some fresh reading material. Jenny was in tears when she saw the package of letters from Children of the Woodlands. We are so thankful for all of the support wwe have gotten during this process from our friends and family. We spent the afternoon playing soccer, hide and seek and swinging. Christopher challenged me to a game of soccer in the yard. Then we played hide and seek outside. It was a ton of fun and the kids could not get enough. By the end of the game, I was exhausted. Jenny and the kids have created their own thrill ride at the apartments. Here is a short video of how it works.
Tonight we had the traditional (yes, they are already creating new traditions) Saturday Night pizza and a movie. We order Papasito’s pizza and watched the Barbie Diamond Castle video I brought. We had a good time snuggling on the couch. After the movie we had cake and ice cream to celebrate being together again. Then it was time to be off to bed. I read the “En El Bano” book to Luis which he thinks is hilarious. It shows animals using the bathroom. It is good 5 year old male potty humor. Buenos Noches!

1 comment:

  1. Coffee and the blog, my morning is off to a good start. I'm so happy you are there with the family and everyone is well. If there was to be a video...I didn't find it. Pa and I are looking forward to the day you are all home, and we will be your neighbors! :-}
    XO

    ReplyDelete