Thursday, October 8, 2009

Another Day in Paradise

Yes, it is paradise to have my three children, together, finally. So it really doesn't matter where we are in the world.

We walked around more of Antigua today, still trying to find our way around and help the kids feel more and more comfortable here. We had some success. We found Papazito's, an Italian joint offering pastas, sandwiches and pizza. They deliver, too, so I think we'll try them for our Saturday night pizza & movie night.

We also found the location of a famous home, Casa Popanoe; unfortunately, it was temporarily closed. We'll try back another time - I read that the view from the rooftop terrace is gorgeous.

Additionally, the shop offering authentic Guatemalan pastries and other sweets was also closed. Darn, if I understood Spanish better, I'd know why they were closed! Luckily, both the famous house and the sweets shop are close by, and we'll check again soon.

Surprisingly, we went for more ice cream. It's a favorite for the kids. It was a warm day, at least before the afternoon rain came, and stopping in was a nice chance to rest before walking the 6 or so blocks home.

I didn't take many pictures today, after all, how many pictures of kids eating ice cream does one blog need? So I captured Luis being funny. As you can tell from the photo, he fits right in with our family! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Nice teeth, Luis. I love you and miss you guys.

    Victor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures of kids eating ice cream, that makes for happy kids. Happy Grandma's too. They seem like a happy bunch to me, good job! We love you, even Peaches!

    ReplyDelete