Sunday, November 22, 2009

Papi's visit day two

I let Jenny sleep in the morning because she was up half the night coughing. When she woke up, we began getting ready for church. After the kids were ready, I decided to have a little fun and don the clown wig I found in the attic while I was looking for Christmas stockings. Here is a picture of me in the wig. The reaction was great when I went downstairs asking if anyone had seen my hairbrush. Each of the kids took a turn trying the wig. Here are their photos.


Iglesia del Camino was having some issues this morning and church got started about half an hour late, but we were treated to "Todo Poderoso" which is one of our favorite praise songs. After church we headed to the pharmacia and then to Pollo Campero for lunch. The kids had a great time eating and playing in the play area.

After lunch we headed to the Bagel Barn to get some bagels for the next few days. On the way back to the apartment, we stopped at a small market that was set up next to some ruins. Christopher bought a new wallet for Q10 (about $1.25). Care found some ceramic butterflies that she liked and bought those. Then it was back to the apartment.

At the apartment the kids wanted to play on the DS's. So Jenny got cleaned up while I watched the Jacksonville Jaguar game on the Slingbox. After playing inside for a while, we went out and played some soccer and hide and seek. I sure can tell the difference in oxygen content between Houston and Antigua. After 20 minutes of running around I am sucking wind. While we were out we noticed that Fuego was pretty active. Here is a picture of the smoke plume.

We had tacos and leftovers for dinner and then worked to get the kids bathed and to bed. Here is a shot of me carrying Luis up to the shower. Now Care and Luis are asleep and soon Christopher and the rest of us will be asleep too.

Victor

2 comments:

  1. Glad Vic is back with the family and clowning around as usual. Take care of JM and get her back on track. Miss you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My clown wig has never looked better. What a lot of fun. Where was Chris. Ok, "Sad Sobby" you don't look too sad, and we are thankful. Tell Jen we are thinking of her and hope she gets feeling better.

    ReplyDelete