Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Big Step Completed

How did it already get to Wednesday?

On the adoption front, we were excited to hear that the legal department of the CNA has signed our file. Praise God! The next step is for the CNA Director to review and sign off on our file. That, however, may take 4-6 weeks. After that, we'll head to Family Court, and then RENAP (National Registry), get a new Birth Certificate, a Passport, and apply for the US Visa. We're still several months from coming home but we celebrate every completed step!!

When I told the kids the good news that the file was signed off by Ms. Ramirez, and that our adoption was now one step closer to completion, Luis asked, "How many minutes until we get on the plane?" He longs to be home, too, in the United States.

This week has been busy with school. For the Fettes Christian Academy (Antigua Campus), the end of the first nine weeks is Friday. Chris and Care both had science projects to complete and a couple of other things to wrap up.

Today I found a store that will threaten to screw up my budget. My close friends and family will know right away what it I found....yep, an office supply store. My heart beat faster seeing all the rows of binders, paper, folders, calculators......

The kids were happy, too, because the store sells art stuff too (even crayola crayons!)

After gazing in the "papeleria" for a few minutes (and I couldn't help buying just a few new pens and glitter for a science project), we made it to La Bodegona for some actual needed items. ;) I finally got the sour cream for making Luis what will be his first of countless batches of Poppy Seed Chicken. I hope he likes it!!

Victor left 10 days ago, but returns in 10 days, so we are looking forward to being together again. I love my kids a ton, and we're having a ball (a lot of the time, at least) but this Mommy is ready for a break!! :)

Thanks for your continued prayers for our adoption and family! Have a great night!

3 comments:

  1. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6
    this is my second attempt.....I am proud and happy for all of you and cant wait to have you back in the states!!! This was my verse when you took us to Guatemala the first time......Thanks for that adventure! God works in amazing ways! Hugs
    The Coleman's

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were extremely pleased to learn that the paper had moved in Guatemala! Vic explained that we shouldn't start thinking you were coming home tomorrow. :-} But any movement is a blessing. I know you must be ready for a break. I hope the next 10 days pass rapidly and easily for you. Office stores and even the isle in the grocery store with the paper, pens, glitter, markers, organizer slow me down. I think it is a good thing that you found the store. Pa and I send our love. Can't wait to be together again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, I'm so glad your case is making progress! That first step was the longest for us (10 weeks to get the CNA directors sig. after our ES), but since then things have been moving quickly. I'm hoping you won't have to wait as long because they might be trying to move cases out of the CNA before the holidays.

    I love hearing your stories from Guatemala and FCA(Antigua campus, LOL). We're keeping you and your sweet family in our prayers. I can only imagine how difficult this time is and pray that you're all home soon.

    Blessings,
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete