Sunday, November 8, 2009

Caroline's "Half-Birthday"

Good morning!

The sun has finally come out today after many days of clouds and rain. It is great to see the beautiful "Agua" volcano again, and even better that the kids can enjoy playing outside!!

We held school again on Friday, and we made "flubber" for the first time! I know Chris and Caroline had experienced "flubber" before at Children of The Woodlands, but it was new to Luis. I am so grateful for all the teacher trainings I've attended over the years at COW because they are really paying off in this season of my life where I am "teacher" AND "mom." Anyways, Luis loves manipulating the "flubber" - it was a hit! Here he is:



This weekend we celebrated Caroline's "Half-Birthday" - she was treated to a girls' sleepover with me and then we made a special trip to Marco Polo for ice cream in honor of her. Of course, there weren't gifts or anything, just a chance to "spotlight" her and make her feel special for the day.



I know this sounds sappy, but I just can't believe my baby girl is 7 1/2 now.... She is already talking about what she wants to do for her 8th birthday!

2 comments:

  1. It isn't sappy. What a wonderful thing to do for her. She is so beautiful. I miss you, as you know and we are still working hard to get to Texas. I think I would have enjoyed the flubber lesson! How many minutes now until Papi arrives?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pa can't understand how his princess got to be 7 1/2. Grandma is saying...you are just toooooooooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete