Monday, November 16, 2009

A Fun "Fall" Day

Good evening!

One of the interesting things about Guatemala is that there is really only two seasons: the rainy season (April-October) and the dry season (November-March). There really isn't an "autumn" in the way we know.

Caroline wasn't really willing to accept this - she said, "It's November. I always jump in big piles of leaves in November." I said, "OK." There aren't a lot of leaves on the ground here, but you know we're always looking for something fun to do! We found a kid rake on the property, so we worked together to get the few leaves together for a pile. Even Luis was very helpful in our quest, even though I don't think he understood why his sister was so excited!! Here they are after working for about an hour:



Caroline demonstrated the classic activity of jumping in the pile of leaves. Luis ended up wanting to jump OVER the pile. Well, either way, it was fun!

On another note, but still funny (at least to me)....sometimes I don't realize just how quickly Luis is picking up English. So tonight, I could hear him being kind of, well, you know when your child is up to something!!! So I asked, "Luis, what are you up to?" and he said, "Not telling." No doubt we know which two other kids he hangs out with!!!

3 comments:

  1. This is a great story. It does look like you could get hurt jumping into that rather small pile of leaves. Maybe Luis is right about jumping over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL....GOOD STORY:) IF I HAD A WAY TO SEND SOME LEAVES YOUR WAY I WOULD...WE HAVE TONS! IM IN OHIO.....HAVE A BLESSED DAY:-)

    ReplyDelete