Monday, February 1, 2010

Things We Miss about Texas....

We are really looking forward to being home with Victor, at some point. The best thing about February is we feel confident saying "We should be home NEXT MONTH!" Keep praying about Family Court #3, that we would have favor with the court and move to the next step quickly. Also pray for accuracy with the court so we can avoid common errors. Lastly, pray for our ability to continue in our patience! We are all ready to come home!

Here is a short list of the things we miss about Texas:
Obviously, we miss being home with Daddy
Friends & Family
All things TWUMC!!
One-stop shopping at Kroger
freedom that comes with having a car
speaking English and being fairly well understood*

* I compliment Guatemalans in their overall willingness to try to understand my very broken Spanish....I've never been given a "Welcome to Guatemala. Press 1 for Spanish, all others go home" treatment. I am grateful for that.

We've started our 3rd quarter of "Fettes Christian Academy" - which includes a unit on "Space" for science. We are having a lot of fun with that already. I have enjoyed home-schooling so much and will be sad when it is time to return the kids to traditional school. A favorite part of home-schooling is starting at 8:15, or 9:30, or 10:00 - basically when breakfast is done, kids are dressed, and I feel like starting class!! I know we will get our work done for the day....and I love the freedom of working at our own pace and time. Wow....waking up to a 6:30 A.M. alarm clock will be quite the adjustment for us!!! (I know, you all are rolling your eyes right now..)

Again, please continue to pray over our case and for favor. THANK YOU!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update. The prayers are with you. You know what I miss most about Texas (and I'm in Texas)...all of you. We want you home so the prayers are strong. Love you.

    ReplyDelete