Sunday, December 20, 2009

Wecome to the Winter Wonderland!!!

I arrived in Guatemala yesterday. It was a long trip, the flight was late, then the baggage took forever to arrive, then the area in front of the airport was packed with locals. I found the shuttle and we headed to Antigua, but the driver said that there was an issue on the road between San Lucas and Antigua, so we went past Casa toward Chimaltenango and took the back road into Antigua after picking up the driver's boss. That detour took an extra 30 minutes. I don't think there was any problem on the road, I think he had just been told to pick up the boss.

The whole family was at the gate awaiting my arrival and it was an awesome welcome. Then I was ushered into the apartment, with Caroline saying "Welcome to our Winter Wonderland". Here is a picture....



We spent the last few hours of the day watching a show and having tamales for dinner. After getting the kids to bed, Jenny and I unpacked the suitcases filled with toys for the good little boys and girl. I had packed a few surprises for Jenny and she was excited too since I had picked up Christmas Vacation for us to watch without the kids one night.

Today it has been raining, but we went to Church and to Pollo Campero for lunch (I know you are all shocked). Tonight was our planning to have our "Sleep under the Tree" night which includes watching Polar Express. Getting here and having the kids has really gotten me into the Christmas spirit. Can't wait for Luis' birthday tomorrow. He is very excited.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how exciting it is to read your blog. I bet Care's song was wonderful. I'm so glad you are all together. Thank God.

    ReplyDelete