Sunday, September 20, 2009

The First Day of the Rest of Our Lives


It was an absolutely fantastic day!! We arrived safely and earlier than scheduled in Guatemala City, got all of our bags, found our friendly driver, and managed to load all of the luggage and all four of us in the driver's old Datsun 210. Miracles!! We arrived in Antigua, got our "vacation home" set up, made a quick errand to La Bodegona (groceries & more!) and arrived at Casa around 4pm. Luis was as excited to see us as we were to see him, and he was pretty much ready to leave with us as soon as we got there! We weren't sure what to expect but we hoped he'd want to come back to the apartment with us. So grateful it worked out so amazingly well. All three kids are "in the zone" together, despite the language differences. They are all sharing one bedroom but we wanted to be good & cozy, all of us, for attachment reasons. It was a very poignant moment praying at bedtime, since for over two years now we have prayed to be together, and tonight, our prayers were answered and our family is complete. Luis fell asleep snuggling in my arms, and I think tonight all of our dreams have come true.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I offer thanks that all went so well for you on day one, and you took time to post a blog. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Pa and I send you our love and hope all continues on this most wonderful positive track to "Becoming a Family". I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful beginning to your great adventure. God must be with you

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear JM, Vic and the three amigos. I am so happy for you. I am just in tears reading your blog. I can only imagine how wonderful your family is feeling. I send my snuggles across the ocean to you. I can hardly wait to meet Luis. I love the blog, it makes me feel like I am part of your adventure and it allows me to know you are safe. Call me when you get the Skpe up and running!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I teared up just thinking of how happy you must be right now! I am so overjoyed for you that your family is now complete!!!

    ReplyDelete