Sunday, September 27, 2009

A day in the life- Guatemala Day 6 by Guest author Christopher Fettes

Today we woke up and went to Mcdonalds for breakfast. After that, we went to a street fair! We stayed at the street fair for about one and a half hours. There were pony rides, parks, street side stands, and more! About half-way through, Luis, Care, and I got thirsty so we stopped at a pharmacy store to get a drink, I got miranda soda(A lot like fanta.), Caroline got lemonade, Luis and Jenny got water, and Victor got pespi. On the way, back we stopped at pollo campero for lunch... ...AGAIN! When we got back to the hotel, the Luis, Care, and I raced up the elevator, through the hall, into the room, and got in our bathing suits, before you could say "La piscina!"(a.k.a. the swimming pool.) We went down to swimming! But dad stayed in the room to watch the Jaguars beat the Texans 31-24! Later he came down to swim while our mom went up to skype her friends. While we were at the pool, Luis jumped to me!!! Luis is getting to trust us more and more everyday. After the pool, went to the hotel room to dry off and take a shower. Then, we decided what we would do for dinner. We decided on the aquarium. I got pita pizza, Care got sun-tanned tenders, and Luis got sea cow ham and cheese. After dinner, we(the kids) got a dessert. Care and I got a cookie sundae and Luis got ice-cream. When we got back, Mom, Luis, Care, and I had a pillow fight! Then, after the pillow fight, we went to bed... ...everyone but me that is!

4 comments:

  1. Great job, Christopher!!! You are quite the little author! We knew exactly what you did, how you felt and we could feel your excitement at how Luis is trusting you all more and more each day. He must be loving all the attention you are giving him, what a great big brother you are, and Caroline sounds like she's a great big sister, too. We know that it won't be long before Luis will feel right at home with the Fettes family. Actually, from the look on his face over ice cream, it looks like he feels right at home already! I'm glad to hear that the food is so tasty in Guatemala. Tomorrow is a big day for the Central Authority visit, Grampy and I will be praying for you all. When daddy has to fly back to Texas, you'll be the 'big man in the family' left in Guatemala. You'll have to be especially helpful for mom and the younger children. But we know you are up for the job. I look forward everyday to seeing the new pictures of the whole family. We love you, and are so proud of you. Abuelo grampy and abuelo grammy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIPEEE, what a wonderful surprise to find a blog by Chris! Great job! Pa and I are so glad you are having a wonderful time with your new brother. Keep the blogs coming...we are counting on you to keep us informed, and they make us very HAPPY. Can't wait to show you are new house in Texas...XOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, this is Pa. I think you did an excellent job on your blog. You will have to teach me how to blog when you get home and I can teach you about boats and birds. We are very busy here in Texas getting ready to move. It is nice to see that you are enjoying your stay in Guatemala and that Luis is trusting you more and more. Good Job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chris, this is Mr. Mike (a friend of your mom & dad). What a great post you authored. Tell your mom she is doing a fantastic job home schooling you guys. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. What was the most fun; pony ride, McDonalds for breakfast, racing through the hotel, swimming, Luis jumping to you, desserts, pillow fights or staying up later than anyone else? That is lots of fun in one day. I bet your mom and dad were pooped and ready for bed. My Son Noah had a friend over for a sleep over Saturday night. They went to bed at 3:00 in the morning! I watched the Texans loose to the Jaguars. I was rooting for the Texans. I bet your dad was cheering for the Jaguars. Well I have to get back to work. Have lots of fun today and there are lots of people back in Texas that can't wait to see you and your family when you get back. If you need anything, let me know. See You Soon, Mr. Mike

    ReplyDelete